MATH MADE EASY BY SOCRATIVE


SOCRATIVE 
I asked someone who sat next to me what they did for a communicate L3 tool of choice, and they suggested Socrative. And I really liked this tool! She told me it was hard to use, but I really liked figuring out how this would work!

I would absolutely use this in the classroom! I really liked how it was so easy to create a math quiz, for my 2nd graders! It gave me the options of what kind of quiz to do, along with what kind of answers. So multiple choice, true or false, and short answer. And giving the options of adding a pictures with your questions. Which was perfect for this topic, because the students have to recognize the shapes of circles, hexagons, etc. So for them to have a visual right there on the screen was so helpful.

Other features about this tool are the other options of quizzes you can give.Different forms, and visual quizzes. Such as watching the rocket move across the screen as you progress forward with correct answers.

I liked this tool a lot. I know my students would like it as well, for the fact they have a visual and will use technology for it. Whether its done on iPads, or on a computer screen.





SOCRATIVE

So the link above will take you to main website of Socrative, but with this tool it requires me to be logged in as well as the quiz is conducted. So below are the screenshots of the questions. There are 8 questions ranging from multiple choice, trust or false, and fill in the blank.

The link below takes you to my quiz, but I am pretty sure it takes you to the teacher login.

QUIZ

But this is what the quiz looks like.








UEN CORE STANDARDS
Reason with shapes and their attributes.

Standard 2.G.1
Recognize and draw shapes having specified attributes, such as a given number of angles or a given number of equal faces. Sizes are compared directly or visually, not compared by measuring. Identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, hexagons, and cubes.

Standard 2.G.3
Partition circles and rectangles into two, three, or four equal shares; describe the shares using the words halves, thirds, half of, a third of, etc.; and describe the whole as two halves, three thirds, or four fourths. Recognize that equal shares of identical wholes need not have the same shape.

ISTE STANDARDS
Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats, and digital media.

Empowered Learner: I use technology to set goals, work toward achieving them and demonstrating my learning.

ED TECH STANDARDS
Standard 5
Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4).








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jumping & Running for ANIMOTO

Sports and Activites