Simple Spanish

YOUTUBE
Oh the power of YouTube! I love YouTube. I use it weekly, especially for studying. Understanding topics that aren't that clear to me. There is so much too YouTube! 
I decided to do a language lesson with YouTube. So I picked 6 videos.
I picked Spanish, because I could teach the kids inside the classroom, as well as have them review their learning through YouTube. I am able to speak Spanish to the kids, and we could both understand each other. And apply the learning throughout the classroom time. 
The videos I picked can be taught in class as well, as in home. Or they can use the play list on their iPads.
1. A video of the basic numbers 1-20
2. Learning about the Months.
3. The Days of the Week
4. Simple Food Items
5. The alphabet
6. Simple Greetings 

I like the option of having so many videos. They are short, with upbeat music. So they are intriguing. The kids could memorize the songs easily. 
I could use this within the class room, by having class discussions. We can watch the videos in class. 

One thing I have a problem with YouTube, is you can get off track so easily. There is so many other video suggestions, so you can get off track so easily. As well, there is so much garbage and inappropriate things you could come across. So I don't like YouTube for that fact. I wouldn't want my students to be over exposed to things, as well getting them distracted. 
                         Image result for espanol
                                    **Use for my 2nd and 3rd graders**

Core Standards of the Course
I can recognize a few memorized words and phrases when I hear them spoken.
Learning Indicator NL.IL.1
I can occasionally identify the sound of a character or a word.
I can recognize the sound of a few letters when they are spoken or spelled out.

Learning Indicator NL.IL.2

I can occasionally understand isolated words that I have memorized, particularly when accompanied by gestures or pictures.
I can understand greetings.
I can recognize some color words.
I can understand some numbers.
I can understand some food items


ED TECH

Standard 7
Use telecommunications and on-line resources (e.g., email, online discussions, web environments) to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities to develop solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (4, 5)
Standard 8
Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)

ISTE 
Innovative Designer 
I solve problems by creating new and imaginative solutions using a variety of digital tools.
Creative Communicator 
I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats and digital media. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jumping & Running for ANIMOTO

Sports and Activites

SHINING SUN